Ohio EPA recognizes that many businesses, communities, and other organizations are moving beyond compliance and incorporating sustainable environmental practices into their daily operations. Our conference will show attendees how to implement sustainable practices and utilize available resources to strengthen Ohio’s communities and businesses. On April 17, 2019, Ohio EPA will host its second Sustainability Conference.
A large part of the conference is targeted to businesses and communities that are moving beyond basic environmental requirements into cost-effective sustainable strategies to improve environmental performance and save valuable resources. This event will be particularly helpful to small and medium-sized communities and businesses.
This will be an opportunity to learn ways to become a part of the sustainability movement and how it can improve businesses and communities, how our water resources can benefit from sustainable approaches, and the resources and incentives that can help your sustainability efforts. During the event, you will hear from business and community leaders eager to share their insight as to how they've gone above and beyond to implement sustainable practices. In addition, attendees will learn about technical assistance available from Ohio EPA’s Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance programs. You will be able to interact directly with these representatives and ask questions specific to your needs.
The general agenda for the day-long conference covers a variety of sustainability-related topics below - the full agenda will be posted soon.
- How to Start a Sustainable Business in Your Community
- Building Sustainable Communities – Addressing Recycling Contamination
- Efficiency Smart and EcoSmart Programs for Ohio Communities
- Sustainable Community Partnerships
- How Solar Works in Ohio
- Sustainable Food Management
- Save Money and Energy through the Industrial Assessment Center Program
- Ohio EPA Sustainability Resources – Environmental Assistance, Recycling and Litter Prevention Grants . . . and more!