Spill Hotline - Report a spill, release or environmental crime
or (614) 224-0946
Ohio EPA's spill hotline should only be used to report emergencies involving the release of any material that impacts public health or the environment, including chemicals, petroleum, manure, fires/explosions, or to make an emergency notification to Ohio EPA as required by law or by permit.
For all other calls, including complaints, questions, or concerns about environmental issues, contact the nearest district office to get to the right person faster. For E-Check, call 1-800-CAR-TEST (1-800-227-8378).
When reporting a spill, release or environmental crime through the spill hotline, be prepared with as much of the following information as possible:
- Responsible party (name of carrier, owner,operator or facility).
- Date/time (discovered/occurred).
- Location (address, cross street, mile marker).
- Material(s) (chemical, product, or common name).
- Quantity (estimated release/total).
- Hazards (extremely hazardous substance, placard, materials safety data sheet [MSDS]).
- Affected media/area (air, land or waterway, including threats to ditches, sewers, streams).
- Actions/notifications (evacuations,containment, contractor hired).
- Contacts on scene (responder cell phone number, responsible party, contractor, facility point of contact).
- Other useful information (truck DOT or rail car number, chemical UN ID number, MSDS, etc.).