Ohio EPA's outline form allows users to submit environmental complaints regarding issues such as:
- Air Quality/Asbestos/Odor/Open Burning
- Water Quality - Lakes, Rivers, Streams/Storm Water/Sewage Odor
- Open Dumping/Solid Waste/Landfill Odors
- Drinking Water
- Hazardous Waste/Used Oil
Watch this video to see how to complete our online form.
Information provided in the online form may be used by Ohio EPA to investigate and potentially seek penalties for violations of law. Therefore, the information provided must be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Ohio EPA will use the information you provide to determine whether an investigation is warranted.
You do not have to provide any personal information in order for Ohio EPA to review your complaint. However, by providing your name and contact information, Ohio EPA will be able to contact you to clarify information or gather additional information. Please note that if you provide us with contact information, under Ohio Public Records Law, that information will be considered a public record.
Submitted complaints are read within two business days and, with limited exceptions, are investigated within 30 days.
Ohio EPA's spill hotline should only be used to report emergencies involving the release of any material that impacts public health or the environment, including chemicals, petroleum, manure, fires/explosions, or to make an emergency notification to Ohio EPA as required by law or by permit.
If you receive voice mail when contacting us, please leave a message including a call back phone number and someone will return your call the next business day. To reach a specific individual, please use our phone directory. We also encourage you to email your question or concern when possible.
- Ohio EPA’s main phone line - (614) 644-3020
- Division/Office phone numbers
- E-Check 1-800-CAR-TEST (1-800-227-8378)
- Central District Office 1-800-686-2330
- Northeast District Office 1-800-686-6330
- Northwest District Office 1-800-686-6930
- Southeast District Office 1-800-686-7330
- Southwest District Office 1-800-686-8930
- State of Ohio phone search (type environmental into the Agency field to see all Ohio EPA employees)