Ohio's hazardous waste pharmaceutical regulations found in OAC rules 3745-266-500 through 510 are the same as the federal regulations found in 40 CFR Part 266 Subpart P
These rules are applicable to healthcare facilities and reverse distributors. Healthcare facilities include, but are not limited to, hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, health clinics, physicians' offices, optical and dental providers, chiropractors, long-term care facilities, ambulance services, pharmacies, long term care pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies, retailers of pharmaceuticals, veterinary clinics, veterinary hospitals, wholesale distributors, third-party logistics providers that serve as forward distributors, and military medical logistics facilities. A reverse distributor is any person that receives and accumulates prescription pharmaceuticals that are potentially creditable hazardous waste pharmaceuticals for the purpose of facilitating or verifying manufacturer credit.
- Obtaining a U.S. EPA ID Number
- U.S. EPA FAQs about Management Standards for Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals and Nicotine Amendment
- Manifesting Non-Creditable Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals - New Four Character Code
- Memo Regarding Applicability of 40 CFR Part 266 Subpart P to Intermediate Care Facilities (PDF)
- Management of Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals from Healthcare Facilities
- Flushing of Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals is Prohibited!
- The Disposal of Hazardous Pharmaceutical Waste FAQ
- Product Return Systems, Under Ohio Hazardous Waste Rules
|Mathews, Mitchell||Manager||(614) 644-2953|
|Heffelfinger, Tammy||Supervisor||(614) 644-2954|
|Ferron, Peter||Environmental Specialist 2||(614) 728-5367|
|Kabelen, Zak||Environmental Specialist 2||(614) 441-0262|
|Narotski, Bill||Environmental Specialist 2||(614) 728-1264|
|Shipley, Kristie||Environmental Specialist 2||(614) 728-5363|