The Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance (DEFA) serves as a one-stop shop for customers seeking technical and financial resources to help them achieve compliance and address infrastructure needs. The following resources and services are available through DEFA.
- State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan programs help communities construct and maintain wastewater and drinking water infrastructure and address other water quality issues from combined sewer overflows, failing home sewage treatment systems, nutrients and lead.
- Water Resource Restoration Sponsor Program offers funding to preserve and restore Ohio's water resources.
- Technical assistance to help small community wastewater treatment plants improve operations and efficiency.
- The Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention helps companies and organizations comply with environmental regulations and implement practices that can help save money, improve performance and benefit the environment.
- Funding to support recycling, litter cleanup, scrap tire management and market development for recyclables such as glass, plastics, rubber and construction and demolition debris.
- The Encouraging Environmental Excellence (E3) program recognizes the outstanding efforts of businesses, communities and other entities making a commitment to environmental stewardship.
- The Ohio Materials Marketplace, an online tool to facilitate the reuse of materials through a collaborative network of businesses, organizations and entrepreneurs.