The Ohio Materials Marketplace (OMM) is a free online platform that allows Ohio businesses, manufacturers, non-profits, and other organizations to connect and find reuse and recycling solutions for their waste, byproducts, and surplus materials.
Participation on the Ohio Materials Marketplace is open to any company or organization with operations in Ohio. Click here to view the Ohio Materials Marketplace or to apply for your free membership account. Please contact Jessica Dalzell with questions or assistance requests regarding the Ohio Materials Marketplace.
The Ohio Materials Marketplace has nearly 1,500 members throughout Ohio. OMM members have diverted more than 130 million pounds of materials from Ohio landfills, resulting in more than $300,000 of savings.
Example Materials on OMM
- IBC Storage Totes
- Textile Scraps
- E-waste and Electronics
- Plastic and Steel Drums
- Drummed Chemicals
- Scrap Lumber and Wood
- Grindings and Fines
- Organic and Inorganic Chemicals
- Fixtures and Equipment
Marketplace Success Stories
- In 2023, a medical office will be installing a new rain water collection system constructed out of repurposed IBC totes sourced on the Ohio Materials Marketplace.
- In 2022, a nonprofit organization that saves lives and supports environmental sustainability by repurposing surplus medical supplies and equipment to provide humanitarian aid to people in need sourced used centrifuges and water baths on the Ohio Materials Marketplace.
- In 2019, a children's horse camp sourced used conveyor belts on the Ohio Materials Marketplace to use in place of expensive stable stall-specific floor mats.
- In 2018, 1,624 tons of spent lime sludge reused from the Ohio Materials Marketplace were used to adjust soil pH on agricultural fields in Ohio.