Certified laboratories analyze drinking water samples for the presence of specific contaminants to help public water systems demonstrate that their water meets health based standards. Ohio EPA's laboratory certification program ensures laboratories are able to perform accurate testing using specific methods which have been approved by U.S. EPA.
Questions? Contact a member of the Laboratory Certification Section
Submit applications via DWLabCert@epa.ohio.gov.
DO NOT SEND PAYMENT WITH APPLICATION, WAIT FOR INVOICE.
To Access Applications, Click on the Links Below:
- Chemical (Limited and Standard) (Word) (PDF)
- Cyanotoxin and Cyanobacteria Screening (Word) (PDF)
- Trace Metals (Limited and Standard) (Word) (PDF)
- Microbiological (Word) (PDF)
- Pesticide-SOC (Word) (PDF)
- Radiochemistry (Word) (PDF)
- THM-HAA-VOC (Word) (PDF)
- Out-of-State Acceptance (Word) (PDF)
- In-State Acceptance (Word) (PDF)
Interim Authorization, Click on the Links Below:
- Obtaining Laboratory Certification
- Laboratory Construction and Remodeling Requirements
- Requirements for Analyst Certification
- On-site Survey Requirements
- Issuance of Laboratory Certification
Information on the fees assessed for the evaluation and certification of laboratories is available in the Fee Schedule.
- Drinking Water Proficiency Testing Requirements
- Required Proficiency Testing Parameters
- Approved Proficiency Test Providers
Resources and Reporting
- Laboratory Manual for Chemical Analyses of Public Drinking Water
- Laboratory Manual for Microbiological Analyses of Public Drinking Water
- Ohio EPA Lab Certification: Total Microcystins Analytical Methodology
- Ohio EPA Lab Certification: qPCR Analytical Methodology
- Reporting and Data Management
- Reporting Tips for Laboratories
- Cyanotoxin Analysis Benchsheets
- Revised MDL Calculator for 0.24 MDL
- Laboratory Certification Rules
- NOTE: If you put "3745-89" into the search bar, it will shows rules specific to Laboratory Certification.
- Division of Environmental Services
Ohio EPA Division of Environmental Services (DES)
Laboratory Certification Section
8955 E. Main St.
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
|Spangler, Julie||Supervisor, HAB Certification Officer||(614) 644-4222||(614) 935-5147|
|Perry, Krystie||Laboratory Certification Officer||(614) 644-4067||(614) 867-6612|
|Speelman, Hilary||Laboratory Certificaton Officer||(614) 644-4259||(740) 899-6088|
|Vasulka, Charles||Laboratory Certification Officer||(614) 644-4266||(614) 907-6577|