As a precautionary response to COVID-19, Ohio EPA is currently operating with most staff working remotely. If you are working with our staff on a current project and you know the name of the employee you are working with, email them at email@example.com or call them directly. The Agency website has contact information for every district, division, and office. In order to reach us, please contact Ohio EPA’s main phone line at (614) 644-3020 or the main line for the division or office you are trying to reach.
After March 23, our district offices and Central Office temporarily closed and have limited ability to receive deliveries, plans, etc. All entities are encouraged to submit plans, permit applications, etc., electronically where there are existing avenues to do so, such as the eBusiness Center (eBiz). Please refer to the list of available services on the main eBiz webpage. We encourage you to make use of all that apply, even if you have not used eBiz in the past. Plans under 25 MB can be emailed. For large plans over 25 MB, entities should work with the reviewer/division to upload via LiquidFiles. Directions for submitting docs via LiquidFiles are available on YouTube. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.
To report a spill or environmental emergency, contact the spill hotline (800) 282-9378 or (614) 224-0946.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response, Questions, and Guidance
With the onset of the coronavirus (COVID 19) and the Governor’s declaration of a state of emergency in Ohio, Ohio EPA is aware that regulated entities may be impacted from a reduced workforce necessary to maintain normal operations at some facilities. All regulated entities remain obligated to take all available actions necessary to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permit requirements to protect the health and safety of Ohioans and the environment. However, in the instance where regulated entities will have an unavoidable noncompliance situation, directly due to impact from the coronavirus, a form has been created by Ohio EPA to accept requests for the Director of Ohio EPA to consider providing regulatory flexibility, where possible, to assist entities in alternative approaches to maintaining compliance, such as extending reporting deadlines, consideration of waiving late fees, and exercising enforcement discretion.
Regulated entities should complete the request form with specific information related to enforcement discretion. Form submittals will be monitored daily and Ohio EPA will work diligently to expeditiously review and respond to incoming requests from regulated entities. The following information is needed to complete the form:
- The specific regulatory or permit requirement which cannot be complied with,
- A concise statement describing the circumstances preventing compliance,
- The anticipated duration of time that the noncompliance will persist,
- The mitigative measures that will be taken to protect public health and the environment during the need for enforcement discretion,
- A central point of contact for the regulated entity, including an email address and phone number.
Where alternative compliance options are authorized by Ohio EPA, regulated entities must maintain records adequate to document activities related to the noncompliance and details of the regulated entity’s best efforts to comply.
Ohio EPA Quick Links – The following links will take you to questions, information, and resources from Ohio EPA divisions for the COVID-19 response.
State Quick Links – The following links are to statewide information and sites.
- Ohio Department of Health Website Coronavirus (COVID-19) or direct link to copy and paste is: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home
- Questions about COVID-19? The Ohio Department of Health call center is ready to answer your questions about COVID-19. Call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH. The Call Center is staffed from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day, including weekends.
The following links are to federal information and sites: