In April 2015, the Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention (OCAPP) and the Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance (DEFA) merged to provide a one-stop shop offering the following services for customers seeking technical and financial resources to help them achieve compliance and address infrastructure needs.
- State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan programs help communities construct and maintain wastewater and drinking water infrastructure and address other water quality issues from combined sewer overflows, failing home sewage treatment systems, nutrients, and lead.
- Water Resource Restoration Sponsor Program offers funding to preserve and restore Ohio's water resources.
- Technical assistance to help small community wastewater treatment plants improve operations and efficiency.
- The Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention helps companies and organizations comply with environmental regulations and implement practices that can help save money, improve performance, and benefit the environment.
- Funding to support recycling, litter cleanup, scrap tire management, and market development for recyclables such as glass, plastics, rubber, and construction and demolition debris.
- The Encouraging Environmental Excellence (E3) program recognizes the outstanding efforts of businesses, schools, communities, and other entities making a commitment to environmental stewardship.
- The Ohio Materials Marketplace, an online tool to facilitate the reuse of materials through a collaborative network of businesses, organizations, and entrepreneurs.
In 2015, the combined eblast listserv customer audience for the programs was around 8,000. Five years later, our monthly eblast audience has grown to around 19,000. The monthly updates contain information about the following topics, and special updates are also provided as needed between issues.
- Ohio EPA and other partner organization training opportunities.
- Links to Ohio EPA’s most recently recorded training webinars.
- Deadlines for upcoming nominations, grants, etc.
- Stakeholder input opportunities on required rule reviews, and new rules, from various divisions
- New publications from Ohio EPA, US. EPA and other partner organizations.
Over the past five years we have hosted 74 webinars and produced six informational recordings with various Ohio EPA divisions. Approximately 4,500 customers logged on and participated in our webinars and more than 16,500 customers viewed our recordings on Ohio EPA’s YouTube channel. We have reached more than 21,000 customers through our webinars and recordings.
When DEFA and OCAPP merged, we transitioned from a hard copy OCAPP quarterly newsletter with a circulation of 4,500 to electronic format. We now email electronic copies to more than 19,000 people. The newsletter includes more in-depth articles about compliance assistance, funding opportunities, training opportunities, deadlines, new publications, and our Encouraging Environmental Excellence (E3) awards program. To subscribe to our eblasts or newsletter, go to our Customer Support Center and create an account and customize your subscription.