Spill Hotline - Report a spill, release or environmental crime
or (614) 224-0946
Ohio EPA's spill hotline should be used to report release of any material that impacts public health or the environment, including chemicals and petroleum products.
For non-emergency calls, including complaints, questions or concerns about environmental issues, please use the toll-free numbers listed for the nearest district office or contact the public involvement coordinator for your region. The regulated community should use the main division number for routine business.
When reporting a spill, release or environmental crime through the spill hotline, be prepared with as much of the following information as possible:
- Responsible party (name of carrier, owner,operator or facility).
- Date/time (discovered/occurred).
- Location (address, cross street, mile marker).
- Material(s) (chemical, product, or common name).
- Quantity (estimated release/total).
- Hazards (extremely hazardous substance, placard, materials safety data sheet [MSDS]).
- Affected media/area (air, land or waterway, including threats to ditches, sewers, streams).
- Actions/notifications (evacuations,containment, contractor hired).
- Contacts on scene (responder cell phone number, responsible party, contractor, facility point of contact).
- Other useful information (truck DOT or rail car number, chemical UN ID number, MSDS, etc.).