Ohio EPA recognizes that many businesses, communities and other organizations are moving beyond compliance and incorporating sustainable environmental practices into their daily operations. To help you become more sustainable, on Oct. 3, 2017, Ohio EPA will host its first sustainability conference. This conference will show attendees how to leverage sustainable practices and resources to strengthen Ohio communities and businesses.
A large part of the conference is targeted to businesses and communities that are moving beyond basic environmental requirements into cost-effective sustainable strategies to improve environmental performance and save valuable resources. The agenda focuses on ways to become a part of the circular economy, how sustainability can improve communities, how our water resources can benefit from sustainable approaches, and the resources and incentives that can help your sustainability efforts. During the event, you will hear from business and community leaders eager to share their insight as to how they've gone above and beyond to implement sustainable practices.
The general agenda for the day-long conference covers a variety of sustainability-related topics including:
- Becoming a part of the Circular Economy
- Green Chemistry
- Promoting Recycling at Big Venues
- Integrating Sustainable Practices within your Community
- Innovative Approaches to Protecting or Restoring a Community’s Water Bodies
- Jump-starting Your Recycling Efforts
- Save Money by Saving Energy
- Funding Resources to Help You Install/Retrofit for Cleaner Air
- Funding Assistance for Ohio Businesses and Communities to Grow, Create Jobs and Protect the Environment . . . and much more!
We are very excited to host our first-ever conference focused on sustainability!